Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The bathroom with the dragon artwork

I feel like I haven't been posting as much as I have in the past. I do sincerely apologize, but I don't want to post when I haven't really been doing too much around the house. My folks were in town this past weekend. It was finally nice on Saturday (for once), so we went on a short hike nearby. Sunday, of course, was Easter (He is risen!). We had a nice Easter, but it felt super early this year. I guess it was, but having a cold and rainy Easter just didn't feel right to me. I am really looking forward to some nicer weather. I have plans for our front flower bed that can't be put into action until it's not so chilly.

Anyway, I was recently going through old cards and keepsakes, and I found this paper dragon. My dance professor's wife hand made it, and he gave it to me during my last performance in college. It's make out of thin tissue paper and has all these intricate cuts in it (my professor and his wife are from China). Anyway, I decided it was too cool to keep hidden away, so I decided to frame it. I had picked up a plain white frame from West Elm last time I was in the mall. I mounted it on some card stock using a very thin layer of mod podge.


I debated where to put it, but decided on the guest bathroom. The one wall was looking rather bare, and I thought it would make a good addition.

And you can even see it when you wash your hands!

I also added a new spring-time centerpiece. I picked up the egg, grass, and twig filler from Target and thought it would be nice for spring.

That's all for now. I need to get moving on some new projects. I have stuff ordered and am waiting for it to arrive. :) I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment