Monday, April 22, 2013

Mulch ado about nothing

Besides being Earth Day, today is also a special day for us and this blog. Two years ago today, we bought our house and were officially homeowners! The start of this blog was shortly thereafter. It's pretty hard to believe how fast time flies sometimes. I need to do another post like I did last year about what we have done and what we plan to still do. I'll get on that at some point soon.

In the meantime, I have another gardening update from this past weekend. We actually got our front mulching done, which is pretty awesome. We actually managed to go to church, get the mulch, mulch, and cleanup all before 1 pm. It was pretty fantastic. I always love how fresh mulch really makes the front look so polished. We used 11 bags this year (and probably could have used 12). I didn't take any before pictures since you can easily see the last post about our planting for how it was looking. And I really have to thank J for all the mulching. I really didn't do all that much except pull weeds while he did all the hard work.

Our pansies seem to be doing well, even though they haven't really gotten much fuller yet.


Our hydrangea has gotten more leaves, but I haven't seen any buds yet. I am hoping I will soon.

I was so excited to see buds on our rhododendron bush that we planted last year. I was getting slightly worried that it wasn't healthy or growing, so I have renewed hope for our tiny bush.


That's all for now. Happy 2 year anniversary house! Here, I got you these flowers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment