So, if you read my blog post from yesterday, you are probably wondering what I was working on while J was working on the shed. I had already painted and re-painted the front door, but the trim around it wasn't looking too hot.
There were also some places in need of patching up (caulk and wood filler).
I think the previous owners had tried (unsuccessfully) to paint over some of the trim spots, but they didn't get the color match quite right.
So, in terms of steps of what I did:
1. Caulk and patch the cracks in the door trim.
2. Use liquid deglosser to clean and rough up the paint surface.
3. Prime with Kilz white primer.
4. Paint with exterior paint.
After the priming step:
I had exterior paint color matched to the original manufacturer's paint (which I got from the HOA). For the record, the color looks less peachy in real life than it seems to look like in these photos.
As you can see, it is a much cleaner look and there is no longer any discolorations, or peeling paint, or cracks.
I am super happy as I have been meaning to do this forever and it looks so much better than it did before.
I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend!