Sunday, December 2, 2012

Meeting Young House Love!

This weekend, I got to meet my DIY heros. I know I have talked about younghouselove.com on this blog before. Well, they came out with a book. My friend, S, and I went to their book signing in DC this weekend. S actually introduced me to the blog and I have been hooked ever since. Actually, they are one of the reasons I started this one. :) 

Anyway, I got really nervous and didn't know what to say. But it was really awesome meeting Sherry and John from YHL. I have read so much about them that I feel like I know them. So, I guess it was good to actually meet them. I am such a dork. 

Also, S brought the giraffe I made at a Glaze shop. We had gone to paint ceramics for S's birthday. I made two pieces. One was this giraffe that I thought would go well in our bedroom. I brought home the giraffe and J asked if I had made an imguraffe (reference to imgur.com's unofficial logo. imgur is a site that has random photos from the internet/reddit. J and I like looking at it. However, it is a bit of a time suck). I laughed.

And here is a picture with the giraffe and my signed book. (I know, I am a nerd).


Yay! :)

The second item I painted was this penguin for our Christmas tree. I like adding at least one ornament per year.


That was my little adventure on Saturday! I also saw Twilight, which I really did enjoy (don't be a hater!). All in all, a very fun Saturday. I know I promised Christmas decorations, but I am a little behind, so more on that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment