Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas on 12-12-12

First of all, I am so saddened by the news coming out of Connecticut. I feel so bad for the families having to deal with the loss of loved ones. I really cannot imagine.

However, in much happier news, Christmas came a little early for us, or, more specifically, for J. On 12-12-12 to be specific. I knew it would be hard to hide what his (big) present was if he received the package. And that is precisely what happened. I was still going to wrap it up, until we were talking and he asked, "Is it a framed picture of the earth at night?" Seriously? He had mentioned liking that picture months ago when we were discussing artwork for the house. I had thought he would have forgotten and I could swoop in and surprise him. Nope. So, at that point, I let him "open" his gift and we hung it up. He guesses his presents (usually correctly) every year, so I shouldn't be too surprised.





I really love the way the picture fills in the large wall in the basement. If you are interested in how I made this, here's a step by step:

1. I downloaded a large version of the image from NASA's website.
2. I uploaded the image to art.com and used their make your own art section. You can choose from framed art, just the print, canvas, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment