Monday, December 31, 2012

A light ending to 2012!

Happy New Years Eve! It's hard to believe that 2012 is almost over. Looking back, we had quite an eventful year. And I am very much looking forward to an awesome 2013. We are having a quiet NYE at home this year. We typically go out or have a party, so it's nice to have some down time. We both took a rather long Christmas break from work, which is winding down a this point. It was good to have some time to spend with friends and family, as well as to mentally reset for the new year.

However, this post is about some updates to the powder room. Before Christmas, I decided to paint the door white (the same color as all the other trim). The inside of the door was already painted white during our renovation in May.

Before.


I used a foam roller for the majority of the door, and a brush for the crevices. This helped with getting an even coat without brush strokes.

After.


The second update was done this past Friday. My in-laws gave me a new light for the powder room for Christmas. On Friday, J and I installed it. I wish I had better advice for this, but my main advice is to try to follow the installation instructions and always turn off the power to whichever circuit you are working on.

Here is the light that was installed. It was originally from the kitchen, but I didn't think it really went with the room.



Uninstalling it was pretty easy. I unscrewed the wires first and then took off the screws that held the light up.

I don't have pictures of the installation because it ended up being quite difficult. It took J holding it and me doing the screws. There was also a lot of foul language during the process. The light attached securely to the ceiling, so there wasn't a lot of room to work with. Unfortunately during this whole process, I hit my head rather hard on the doorframe. I felt really out of it Friday night, but seem to be on the mend at this point. I still am not certain we installed it correctly, but I am positive it won't fall or anything. And it does work. I really like the way it looks. It goes much better with the decor in the bathroom and is much more modern looking.


Anyway, that's all the updates I have for now. I hope everyone has a safe NYE and a wonderful 2013. See you in the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment