Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - Year 2

I know you've been waiting... It's time to show you how we decorated for Christmas. If you were reading my blog last year, you'll figure out that not too much changed, but I'll try to point out the subtle differences.

The outdoor lights. This year, I planned ahead and snagged some window lights from Michael's when I saw them there last summer. I had a really hard time last year trying to find good lights. These ones pop on at dusk and off at dawn. For some reason, our trees have yet to lose their leaves, so, you can't really see the tree in the window too well. This year, I wrapped lights around one of our trees. It doesn't look too professional, but it works. I had a hard time getting a good photo in the right light, so here are two - one too light, the other too dark.


The stockings.


Our garland up the bannister. Every time I put this up, I question why I bought such a monster garland. It looks like it's eating our bannister.


Nativity scene. I would show you the rest of our dining room, except it's a total mess. Maybe once I get things cleaned up in there...

Festive lantern

Mistletoe!

This is the point where J started photo-bombing my pictures with a stuffed dog. There are a bunch of pictures similar to this one, but I think you get the point.

Our tree hasn't changed much since last year.

Except that we have a new addition. We received this tree as a free gift from J's uncle. I'm not sure we'll keep it forever, but it works for the basement for now. I used a tablecloth as a tree skirt, since I didn't really want to buy anything.


I draped tinsel around the basement. Although, it may not stay. J asked to talk to me about the "Mariah Carey tinsel."


Basement, all fancy.

So, that's it. I'll make sure to update if I do anything else with the Christmas decorations, but I think we are all set to make the season merry and bright!

1 comment:

  1. I loved J's photo-bombing dog that you had told me about :-) Looks like you're all ready for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete