Thursday, May 17, 2012

Powder Room Reveal!

It's what you've all been waiting for... the final powder room reveal! I just finished up with the contractor this morning, and decided to post pictures before heading into work. I love the way it turned out. It is so much more modern, clean and fresh!

So, check it out...










Granted, I actually need to put things in there to make it functional. Like TP, soap and a towel for starters. I also need to have some sort of artwork on the walls.

Here's a breakdown of the raw materials:
1. Vanity cabinet and mirror -- Bertch Osage Cabinet in birch stained Brindle
2. Vanity top -- remnant piece from local marble and granite store in Caesarstone
3. Sink -- Kohler Verticyl under mount sink
4. Faucet -- Kohler Purist
5. Towel ring -- Kohler Purist
6. Toilet paper holder -- Kohler Purist (online picture didn't look exactly the same so I didn't add the link)
7. Toilet -- Kohler Kelston

What the contractor did:
1. Took out the old drywall
2. Installed new drywall + soundproofing (you gotta admit, that's kind of nice)
3. Moved plumbing to correct location
4. Painted
5. Installed new trim
6. Installed vanity cabinet, top, sink, faucet, mirror, toilet and bathroom hardware

I'm debating whether or not to give a budget breakdown. Raw materials alone were around $2,500, so this wasn't exactly a cheap job, but I absolutely love the way it looks. I think we are going to stick to some less expensive projects in the near future though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment