Sunday, May 13, 2012

Grill Christening & New Vanity

First of all - Happy Mother's Day for those moms out there! Hope you all had a good one! We spent most of the day with my mom and dad to celebrate (having spent some time with J's folks last weekend). 

Guess what we did this weekend? Yup - we bought a grill! The grill we inherited with the house didn't work, so we had to replace it and get rid of the old one. This project was 90% J's, so I am not really going to claim credit. J did most of the research and looking. I spent Saturday morning at Let's Dish with a friend of mine. It was my first experience doing anything like that - and I must say that I am a huge fan! You basically prep a bunch of meals that you can then freeze. And they give you directions for how to prepare each of them. It should make my weeknight meals a lot easier and it was a great way to socialize and be productive! Anyway, back to the grill. After I got home on Saturday, J asked if I wanted to join him in the final decision. He had been leaning towards a Charbroil, but we both ended up falling in love with a Weber in the store, and went for it. It came in a big box, and we had anticipated needing a truck. But instead, we took all the parts out and transported them disassembled in my car. So, here is how the pieces all looked out in the back. 

And then, J assembled it, which was awesome! I was outside for part of the assembly, but I spent the time reading. :) Isn't she pretty?


And so, tonight, we popped out one of the Let's Dish meals that gave grill instructions (tangy bbq pork with roasted potatoes and peppers).



It was delicious! And cleanup was super easy! Since I had done all of the prep in the store, and we used  the grill, all we had to do was put the plates in the dishwasher. 

And, it's worth mentioning... we know that we have some friends who feel personally offended that they were not here for the first grilling, but I promise we will have people over soon! :) 

And now... for the powder room update... They installed the vanity cabinet and trim this past Friday. 




They should be finishing up this week. I'm trying to decide about the light in there. What do you all think of replacing it with this one? I think it would look more modern. However, for now, it is nice to have a light in there again. Also, keep in mind that they will be putting another coat of paint on the walls after everything is installed. I'm looking forward to our house being back in order again. Also, the dust from the drywall seemed to get everywhere. I dust and it just seems to come back again! 

Anyway, I'll finish this post off with a few greenery pictures. Our spider plant has grown considerably since I repotted it, and is finally having some babies!! This means, I will soon be able to start a new plant in a small pot! 

And take a look at our hydrangea! Isn't she pretty?




We also have a nice collection of weeds starting to grow, but that's more or less a continual battle. 

Hope you all had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment