Sunday, August 28, 2011

greenery

First of all, the hurricane didn't really affect us too much except for a 2 hour power outage. It looked like overall there were a few down trees in our area, but that was about it.

Secondly, I have been working on a flower pot for the past week, and just today actually planted my plant in it. I have wanted to work with chalkboard paint for a long time now, pretty much since I heard about it. I picked up a good sized flower pot at AC Moore along with some chalkboard paint. I opted to go with the acrylic version rather than the spray paint due to my previous problem with getting spray paint in my nasal passageway.

I used thin and even coats of the paint and let ample time to dry. The paint container said to wait at least 20 minutes between coats, but I actually just painted a coat a day until it was fully covered and no orange was showing. This is what it looked like after 1 coat. I did 4 coats total.

I didn't end up taking any other intermediate photos, so here is the final result with potted plant.


I figure I can change the chalk message during different seasons and holidays. I didn't really want to put "Happy Labor Day" or something, so I went with a motivational message for now. I'll probably change it in the fall.

My mom also brought some dried Hydrangeas from her Hydrangea bush, which I am now using to decorate in the dining room and the guest bedroom. Aren't they pretty?


I also slightly moved our Hydragea bush today as well. Our neighbors re-did their landscaping, including taking out some bushes that were encroaching on our lawn, so I moved the Hydrangea to make the space seem more even. I also think I did a better job at digging the hole this time around and mixing in the fertilizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment