Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A few more words about plants

This post is a small follow up post to my planting post from this past weekend. While we were at the gardening store, I picked up two other items:

1. A terra cotta plate

2. A terra cotta pot and a basil plant (left). Check out how awesome the parsley plant is looking!

I wanted to use the plate under the spider plant in our living room, so I decided to spray paint the plate to match the pot that I had spray painted about a year (or 2?) ago. Spray painting terra cotta is pretty easy. Just wipe it clean with a damp cloth and let it dry beforehand. I did 2 even coats (keep your hand moving and don't overcoat so you don't get drips).

Once it dried (around 48 hours), it was ready for use! I used to have just a plastic plate under the plant, so this is a huge improvement.


Our spider plant is sprouting babies, so it will soon be time to harvest them and move them to a smaller pot, like I did last year.

That is all for now. Hope you are all having a great week.

Oh and if you haven't seen this yet, you must. It is so absolutely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment