Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Flowers and a Wedding

First of all... big announcement! (I'll tell you right now, it's probably not what you are thinking). But, the blog has gone over 5,000 pageviews! Okay, so maybe it isn't that exciting, but I am super thankful to all my loyal readers. Thank you for finding my little adventures entertaining and enjoyable. It really means a lot to me.

Not much to report from the homefront. We have actually been quite busy this summer. This past weekend, J and I made the long trip up to New York (state not city) for J's uncle's wedding. After getting a slow start (we spent our Friday afternoon stuck in DC/Maryland/Pennsylvania traffic), we finally made it up to the lake. J's uncle and grandfather both have houses right on a small lake. Uncle W and Aunt S (just to keep the initial thing alive) got married on the lawn in front of their house. It was a gorgeous day and a lot of fun.

Here are some pictures from the weekend. J & I before the wedding.

The setting.





Keeping it classy.


The happy couple.

The ceremony.



J and his twin cousins.

My in-laws

Back at home, we have had only a few updates. My mom and dad brought an azalea plant for the front of the house.

Here is a before shot.

And after.


Also, our lilies are finally blooming!



I've had several people ask me about my next big project. I'm not sure quite yet though. There is definitely some painting on the list, but I think installing an automatic watering mechanism may be high on the list. I've started to get tired of watering the hydrangea every afternoon. And the flowers get dried out pretty easily if I don't. But more on all that later.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment