Tuesday, June 5, 2012

age++;

I just wanted to post a quick update... We celebrated a birthday this week (mine)! J actually had all this waiting for me when I got home from work. Isn't he a sweetie? We had a pretty simple celebration, but it definitely made the beginning of the week enjoyable! Without going into too much detail, he mostly got me smaller gifts, but I really love them all -- 2000 piece puzzle of a castle in Germany we visited right after we got engaged, a candle, some cooking stuff from Williams-Sonoma, some small blue and white plates, 2 seasons of the Big Bang Theory, and a few other things.


And lots of sweets!

He also got me (at my request) a new adjustable wrench. I know... it's exciting!

The reason I asked was that I splurged at the Home Depot this weekend, and ended up buying a new shower head. I have been meaning to do this since we got the bathroom redone last May. We really had no idea what we were doing during that renovation. But, it was a very good time to update the shower in the master bedroom, and so we did. Instead of picking out all the bath hardware like we did for the powder room, the less-than-impressive tile guy told us to pick up the fixture from a hardware store. Well, J and I were in for a shock. Bath hardware is expensive! So, we picked the cheapest one in the finish we liked and went for it. But the shower head wasn't amazing. And actually, someone had switched out the correct finish (Satin Nickel) on the shower head with a chrome finish. I had thought that I would replace it quickly, so whatever. But, it took me a whole year to actually get around to it.

There is really no need to go into details. I pretty much just unscrewed the previous one with my new wrench and attached the new one. The cord needed some relaxing time in this picture, but you can see that it is working.

Here its is after my shower. The new fixture is pretty awesome. It has 5 settings per nozzle, and three options: nozzle A, nozzle B or both.


But the best part is that it matches the other shower fixture now! Yay!

Also, a big thank you to my family, friends and co-workers that made my birthday special! I really appreciate it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment