Sunday, February 5, 2012

How's it hanging?

This weekend, we accomplished relatively little... much less than I had originally hoped to do, but I guess that is okay. It is nice to have a relaxing weekend every once in a while. :) We did get a chance to hang new curtains (purchased from Country Curtains). I had considered sewing my own, but I think the price would have been comparable once everything was said and done, so I decided to buy the curtains. These curtains were rod pocket curtains, but I purchased clips instead, to make them look more manly. As a result, the curtains were way too long and I did have to hem them. I started by ironing a crease to make the hemming easier. And then sewed large stitches. I let them trail on the floor a little, since that is apparently in vogue right now. I can always adjust more later.


Here they are!


And in daylight.

And now, for some before and progress basement shots....

Before

Progress

Before

Progress

Before

Progress

Before

Progress

We still have some major things to do in the basement. In no particular order:
1. Add a light at the bottom of the stairs (Not going to lie, I get scared going down into the darkness)
2. Decorations/Wall Hanging/Etc
3. Re-do bar area
     a. New cabinets
     b. New countertop
     c. New fridge
     d. New light
4. Light over the pool table
5. Fix non-working fireplace
6. I would love to change the flooring, but J and I actually disagree on this one. But, I would like to replace the dingy carpets at some point.

But before all that, we have some appliances to buy! We went out shopping this weekend for new kitchen appliances. I would love to change out the bisque for stainless, and our oven has been acting wonky recently. Anyone have good appliance suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment