Saturday, June 11, 2011

Small Friday afternoon and Saturday morning activities

We designated this weekend as a relaxing weekend, meaning no big house tasks and no trips. So, I have been doing the smaller things that I have been meaning to do that don't take a whole lot of time. On Friday afternoon, I installed a towel rack that matches the toilet paper holders and small towel ring that my dad and I installed a few weeks ago when they were visiting (shown below). The hardware is the Moen Branbury line that we picked out from home depot and matches our brushed nickel that we seem to have in (almost) all the bathrooms.

I should have taken a before picture because I am just now realizing I never took one after I painted the  master bathroom. So, you will just have to imagine a blank wall without a towel rack. Anyway, after using our drill bits for the first time, below is the result! Yay - now we have a place to put our towels that isn't the over the door rack (which I eventually want to replace with cute custom hooks for the other towels in the bathroom).
In total, I think I really only spent about 30 minutes max. installing the towel rack. We had bought it about 2 weeks ago, so I am glad that it finally got up.

Onto Saturday morning, I decided that the neglect of the front yard was finally taking its toll. The back yard isn't quite so bad as no one but us sees it and it really doesn't need that much work to begin with. But the weeds in the front were getting out of hand.

So, I put on my weeding gloves and also took down a few of the tree branches that were encroaching on the house. The result looks pretty good, but it still needs mulching.


As another update, my mother-in-law and I had planted some impatients that my mom had bought. Unfortunately, memorial day brought this huge heat wave, which caused me to lose all my flowers. After much TLC, I am happy to report that they are resuscitated and doing well, so I took some pictures.



And the all buds promise more flowers to come! Looking forward to that. Note to self: keep watering.

In one final note, I bought hydrangeas at Trader Joe's last weekend for our housewarming. These must be super-duper flowers as it is a week later and they still look pristine.
And I do love hydrangeas. One of my long-term gardening goals is to have a hydrangea bush like one of our neighbors have. :)

That's all for now! Back to relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment