Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hooks & Decorating

I haven't had a whole lot of time to do stuff around the house this week, but I have been making a few decor changes here and there. Last weekend, we picked up some new hooks at antropologie in the mall. I installed one in our half bath as a towel holder. The antique white really goes well with the antique white in the outlet and light switch.

I also picked up some hooks for the other towels in the master bath (after I installed the towel bar for one of the towels). I loved the flower look.


I also finally added something to the main wall in the kitchen. I had been looking for a mirror for the kitchen for a while, but I was having trouble justifying the cost at Pottery Barn of the ones I liked. I was strolling through Home Depot and I found what I was looking for.

I bought some plate hangers to hang more of the blue and white plates that my mom gave me. The fork, knife and spoon hooks are from antropologie (hook spending spree?). My plan with the mirror is to use it to write notes with a dry erase marker. Since mirror is glass, it works the same as a dry erase board.

Before shot:
 After:




After everything was up, J & I decided that it still feels like something is missing. I think it is the lack of a table and chairs set up. We do currently have a table, but it is not the end design we have in mind. But it is a work in progress.

But for now, I am loving our new hooks. I also installed guest room curtains this week, but have yet to take pictures so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment