Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Let there be light... and curtains!

This weekend, we had our in-laws visit on Sunday to help us with the house. One of the things we accomplished was new outdoor lighting for the decks (main level and basement). I spaced out on taking a before picture, but just imagine a 1980s outdoor halogen light that had seen much better days (and for that matter didn't even work). After J and my father-in-law installed the lights:
Yay! We can now see on our deck at night. I also didn't pay attention to the steps involved with doing this, so I cannot give many helpful how-to's on this, but I do know they turned the circuits off before wiring. :)

My father-in-law also finished the spray painting, and I ordered a new outdoor umbrella for the deck for my birthday from my in-laws! Pictures to come once everything is in and I can put it all together!

My mother-in-law and I spent our time gardening in the front. However, I haven't taken any pictures yet. We planted some impatients that my mom bought, and they look very pretty in the front. Stay tuned for more gardening updates. And next time, I will have mosquito repellent (I was eaten alive!)

The next day, my new curtains arrived for the kitchen! They are navy striped and look amazing! So excited about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment