Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Reader Re-design: New Mantle

I don't have any great home improvement projects to tell you about at our house. I've been having one of those weeks where grace and humility have played a prominent role. It's been a rough couple of days, but God is getting me through it. :)

So, since I don't have any personal DIY projects to tell you about, I thought I would share a project of my parents. As you may remember, I left my miter saw up in PA. And my parents decided to update their mantle.

Here are some of the "after" photos.


Here are some before pics. I took most of these from Christmas photos I had. My mom recently painted the brick. In the pic below, you can kind of see the bricks as they were before. Actually the fireplace hearth is still original (mom wants to do something with this at some point).

This is my bff, J, and me. And J on his smartphone.



And here are more "after" photos. Doesn't the trim look really amazing? They ended up buying a 16 feet piece of trim to get across the whole mantle. I still don't quite know how they got it in the car. They then painted the wood and trim a nice white color.

I'm just really happy that they were able to use the saw to make the mantle look so nice! I know these pictures don't do it justice, but I think it gives the room a nice clean feeling. You should have seen it in the 80s. The paneling and trim was all dark wood, and the carpet was orange! Anyway, a big kudos to Mom and Dad on the hard work they put in!



No comments:

Post a Comment