The first step was to remove all the door's hardware. Unlike the main door, there was no real replacement kit, so the best way to do this is to paint. (Trust me, I have seen this done on multiple DIY websites before).
I used some liquid deglosser to rough up the pieces. I opted not to sand the pieces, but you can use some very high grit sandpaper if you would like.
I also removed the door kick (is that the right word), which was really dirty. I cleaned it all up before using the deglosser.
Since yesterday was so warm, it was picked for the spray painting day. I thought today was also going to be nice to allow more outdoor drying time, but instead, J and I were quickly moving pieces back into the house when it started raining. :-/ Not ideal at all. I did about 3 coats on everything to get good coverage. I still noticed a few small spots that weren't perfect. It would have been better to have another day to touch up the paint, but the weather did not cooperate. I think it will be okay, but I am somewhat of a perfectionist. :)
I also spray painted the door knocker to match everything. I covered the eye hole with painters tape during the spraying, which seemed to work perfectly.
It's a much cleaner look with everything in the same color.
I even removed the screws for the door knocker and sprayed them. They had previously been painted over.
The ORB also seems to go pretty well with everything else outside (light, railing, etc.).