Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A New Wreath

Who else is excited for the Hunger Games coming out this weekend?!? I'm so excited to see it with 2 of my best friends on Friday! Every time the commercial comes on, I get really giddy. Friday is also my last day of work (so double win?).

Anyway, this post was not intended to be about the Hunger Games, so moving on... Tonight, I tackled a project that had been sitting on my to-do list ever since Christmas. I made a new Spring wreath! I started with a form from Michaels and some spare fabric I had bought at fabric.com a while ago.

I then cut the fabric into strips and wrapped the strips around the form, hot-gluing along the way.


And here is the completed form.

I hot glued a loop to fasten it to the front door...

... and a bow I made from smaller strips and some Pottery Barn potpourri to dress it up. And here she is! It was late, so I didn't take a picture from the front. Maybe when I get some flowers planted... I like the simplicity of the new wreath and I think it will fancy up the front a bit.

And as promised, here are a couple pictures of the completed fireplace with decor added.


No comments:

Post a Comment