Hopefully you remember my previous post on how to not paint the cabinets. Well, since our travel schedule finally died down, I decided to paint the other vanity in the master bathroom (you know, so they match). This time, I decided to do things the right way, and it took a lot less time!
First of all, here is a before shot:
The white was looking dull. First, I took off all the hardware so that I could paint easier.
I then sanded everything down with a medium sand sponge (I love those things) and filled in the holes on the side of the vanity with wood filler. The other holes are for our toilet roll holder (remember I posted earlier when we installed them?)
Once everything was nicely sanded and wiped down with a damp cloth (and then dry), I went into painting. I had considered a primer, but the sanding seemed to be enough to make the surface a little roughed up, so I skipped that and went straight to the paint. My paint had actually gotten separated from not being used, so I spent some time stirring it first. The painting went really fast even with just using a regular brush.
I then painted the cabinet fronts (which had also been sanded and wiped down). That took a little longer as I had to wait for one side to dry before I could flip them. So that process happened over a couple of days. Once everything was nice and dry, I reattached the cabinet fronts with the hardware (that I did clean up). And our vanity was nice and "new". Yay for quick and easy updates!
Now that I am officially done painting the cabinets, I need to start working on the trim (in various rooms), but I have another task that is higher on my list this weekend. More on that later.