Sunday, March 9, 2014

Organizing, rearranging and cleaning

Hello readers! Enjoying Spring Forward? I must admit it took me by surprise. I had a friend stay over, and I was super confused when she wanted to say goodbye at 8:30 when she said she would leave at 9:30. It took me another hour to make the connection. I am looking forward to some daylight in the evenings though.

I'll update you all with some pregnancy and house updates. I took this photo around 16.5 weeks (I'm now 17 weeks). I'm definitely getting a bump, although I've only gained a pound since my 12 week visit. I'm still heavier than I have ever been in my life, so that's a little weird for me.

 I'm still vomiting. That seems to be the question that everyone has. "Still?" "Yes, still." I'm going longer, though. I can go 2 days without throwing up. The third day isn't so great though. I still have a lot of nausea. But, I still have hope that it will get better. I have been tremendously touched by the people who contacted me after my last post. You all have encouraged me and helped me through this rather difficult time. I really love you guys!

J and I are in the process of getting the house in order. I have been slowly fixing things around the house. Like this hook for our bathroom that I had broken (I forgot to show the fixed hook but you get the idea).

And I patched up some cracks in the walls.


I'm also in the process of making a puppy for the baby. I'm going to dedicate a separate post to this once it's done though.


We (J) also did a fair amount of re-arranging in the basement. We are slowly moving everything from the baby room down to the basement. The big picture moved to the opposite wall from where it was.

And the TV stand was moved from the extra bedroom to the pool room, where our old TV now lives. I actually like this arrangement way better than the way we had it before.


This will be where the big bookcase will go.

J moved the white bookshelf from the baby room down to the extra bedroom.


This will be where the desk will go. (By the way, anyone in the area should feel free to volunteer to help J move the big bookcase and desk down 2 floors. We can pay you in beer). :)

I've also been making the house a bit safer for us. For one, I installed a new fire alarm/carbon monoxide detector down in the basement.


I also installed a carbon monoxide detector on the main floor and bought 2 new ones for the upstairs (since the ones we have currently are a bit dated). J has also been what I can only assume is the equivalent of nesting. He has been organizing and going through all his papers and random items that we moved here and haven't looked at since. It's really nice to have the house finally organized instead of having stuff in random places all over the house. We also realized there is a fair amount that we don't use and can either store in the attic (sentimental value) or donate to goodwill. We both went through all of our old college notes and got rid of stuff that we both thought we would never need again. Doing that freed up space in our bookshelves, which was really nice. Our joint goal is to have the baby room empty by the time I hit 20 weeks (in 3 weeks). Once we know the gender, I know I will want to start painting and getting the nursery ready. :) I'll keep you guys updated as we get the house in order. Last Friday, I finally got motivation to clean, and I cleaned the whole house top to bottom (which made throwing up on the bathroom floor on Saturday night even more frustrating). I figure this delays me a little while before hiring a maid... Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your little bump!! You look great. And I giggled at your chalkboard. Hang in there. It's different for everyone/with every pregnancy, so they say. Can't wait to see you sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always happy to work for beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would LOVE to help paint once we know the gender of little one! Definitely give me a call for that so I can help :-) I'm enjoying all the new pictures of furniture in new places.. it will all come together & baby Z will be here before you know it, I'm sure!

    Can't wait for the puppy post :-)

    ReplyDelete